Coronavirus update – 10th January, 2021
Although all our face-to-face training is currently cancelled, we have a programme of live, online training sessions available to book now. Our online domestic abuse and sexual violence awareness courses are still available for trainees to access remotely. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates via this website.
IDAS Volunteer Training Session B (online Zoom session)
February 22 | 9:00 am - 10:30 pm
Session B Overview
Please only sign up for this session if you are an IDAS volunteer.
This session outlines the roles and responsibilities of an IDAS volunteer. We complete signposting exercises and discuss the resources available for survivors of domestic abuse. In this session, we consider the risk identification checklist and high-risk indicators of domestic violence. In addition, this session should equip you with a strong understanding of professional boundaries.
IDAS Volunteer pre-training protocol
We want you to get the best out of training and feel supported and secure. Please follow the following protocol once you have been invited to our online training sessions:
- Please be punctual, we will invite you into the group at the time allocated on the invite.
- Allow time for yourself to access the training in its entirety.
- Ensure you are in a private space with minimal chance of interruption.
- If you are inadvertently disturbed, please mute yourself and turn your camera off.
- Please note you can use the chat box to query the whole group or to send a direct message to the facilitator.
- Do not share training log in details with anyone else.
- If you experience any difficulties accessing ZOOM please contact the host or the member of staff responsible for your invitation.