- This training event has passed.
Volunteer Bite-Size Training – The Cycle of Abuse and The Duluth Power and Control Wheel
3rd December 2021 | 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
This bitesize focuses on the cyclical nature of an abuser’s behaviour. Volunteers will discuss the relationship between the internal rules of an abuser and how they respond to a rule being “broken” by their partner/family member. We will discuss the way in which this cycle moves from “walking on eggshells” to a violent incident and then back to a relatively “quiet” time. Participants will understand the reasons why this cycle happens, it’s used for an abuser and their intentions and rewards at each stage. The aim of this training is to examine the Duluth Power and Control Wheel. You will gain an understanding of how power and control are used in domestic abusive relationships to create fear. This will build upon your understanding of the dynamics of domestic abuse.
Please only sign up for this session if you are an IDAS volunteer.
IDAS Volunteer pre-training protocol
We want you to get the best out of training and feel supported and secure. Please follow the following protocol once you have been invited to our online training sessions:
- Please be punctual, we will invite you into the group at the time allocated on the invite.
- Allow time for yourself to access the training in its entirety.
- Ensure you are in a private space with minimal chance of interruption.
- If you are inadvertently disturbed, please mute yourself and turn your camera off.
- Please note you can use the chatbox to query the whole group or to send a direct message to the facilitator.
- Do not share training log in details with anyone else.
- If you experience any difficulties accessing ZOOM please contact the host or the member of staff responsible for your invitation.