Coronavirus update – 10th January, 2021
Although all our face-to-face training is currently cancelled, we have a programme of live, online training sessions available to book now. Our online domestic abuse and sexual violence awareness courses are still available for trainees to access remotely. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates via this website.
Volunteer Bite-Size Training- Helpline & Telephone Skills for Supporting Survivors of Domestic Abuse
September 2 | 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Volunteers undertaking this bitesize will gain insight into the IDAS helpline and the standardised approach to dealing with calls. We will talk about difficult calls and scenarios and how to manage these. There is also a practical element where participants will be asked to work alongside another person to practise some of the skills needed. This course is mandatory unless a volunteer will not be dealing directly with clients or has developed sills in this area in a similar role elsewhere.
Please only sign up for this session if you are an IDAS volunteer.
IDAS Volunteer pre-training protocol
We want you to get the best out of training and feel supported and secure. Please follow the following protocol once you have been invited to our online training sessions:
- Please be punctual, we will invite you into the group at the time allocated on the invite.
- Allow time for yourself to access the training in its entirety.
- Ensure you are in a private space with minimal chance of interruption.
- If you are inadvertently disturbed, please mute yourself and turn your camera off.
- Please note you can use the chatbox to query the whole group or to send a direct message to the facilitator.
- Do not share a training log in details with anyone else.
- If you experience any difficulties accessing ZOOM please contact the host or the member of staff responsible for your invitation.