Understanding Domestic Abuse – CPD Accredited
May 30 | 10:00 am - 3:00 pm£55
This CPD accredited, full day course will provide you with increased knowledge around domestic abuse. Through an interactive programme you will explore the current legislation, dynamics of an abusive relationship and the support available for victims experiencing domestic abuse. Furthermore, you will gain confidence in completing a risk assessment and referring on to specialist services.
Upon completion of the course you will be able to:
· Identify the signs and indicators that may suggest someone is experiencing domestic abuse.
· Explore the short term and long term impacts of domestic abuse on adults and children
· Explore the legal framework around domestic abuse
· Gain confidence in completing a risk assessment and referring/signposting to specialist services
· Understand the role of MARAC in high risk domestic abuse cases
· Adopt a trauma informed approach when working with victims domestic abuse
The course costs £55 and you will have the option to pay using a Debit or Credit card after registering. You will also be given the opportunity to request an invoice at this stage if you prefer. All invoice requests must be received within 7 days of registration, otherwise your place will be cancelled. Our training events are usually heavily oversubscribed. If there are no places left for this training session, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know when new dates become available.