Understanding Coercive and Controlling Behaviour – CPD Accredited
June 30 | 10:00 am - 1:00 pm£45
This CPD accredited, half day course will delve into the dynamics of a coercive and controlling relationship by exploring the legislation in terms of the Serious Crimes Act 2015 and the Domestic abuse act 2021. Through an interactive programme you will begin to understand the cycle of abuse and how abusers use different tactics to maintain power and control over their victim. You will also gain knowledge in how to support victims of coercive and controlling behaviour when you receive a disclosure.
Upon completion of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the signs that suggest someone is in a controlling relationship
- Explore the short term and long term impacts of coercive control on adults and children living in abusive home
- Explore the legal framework around coercive and controlling behaviour and the protection offered by the law
- Understand how professionals can help victims to recognise, name the abuse and to access support
- Gain increased knowledge in how specialist support can be provided to victims of coercive control including referral pathways and signposting
- Adopt a trauma informed approach when working with victims of coercive and controlling behaviour
The course costs £45 and you will have the option to pay using a Debit or Credit card after registering. If you wish to pay by invoice, please contact us directly at email@example.com.