- This training event has passed.
Supporting Young People and Domestic Abuse – North Yorkshire and City of York Professionals
February 20 | 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
Join IDAS for a half day, virtual training session looking at young people’s experiences with, and the impacts of, domestic abuse.
This course has been jointly commissioned by North Yorkshire County Council and City of York Council and should only be attended by professionals working within the North Yorkshire and City of York areas. Click here for a list of our national courses open to all professionals.
By the end of the course participants should:
- Have increased knowledge of the definition of domestic abuse in relation to age
- Have increased knowledge of the risk to young people
- Be able to challenge some myths regarding young people and domestic abuse
- To look at the impacts on young people experiencing domestic abuse and how to assess the risk to them using the DASH risk assessment tool
- To look at what support networks are available to young people.
This course is suitable for all staff and carers based in North Yorkshire working with children and young people and who are involved in multi-agency partnerships.
We have limited places and it is therefore important that you only register for a course if you intend to attend. If you are unable to attend your course for any reason, you must unregister so someone else can take your place. IDAS will report repeat incidents of non-attendance to your direct report.
We operate a three strikes policy and non-attenders who miss three sessions will be blocked from registering for future IDAS training.