Supporting Victims of Honour Based Abuse and Forced Marriage – CPD Accredited
June 1 | 10:00 am - 1:00 pm£45
This CPD accredited, half day course will explore the unique experiences of victims of so-called “honour based abuse” and forced marriage. Through an interactive programme you will begin to understand how the concept of honour can be misused and used as a weapon to abuse family members. You will gain insight to the additional barriers victims face when experiencing honour based abuse and forced marriage. Furthermore, you will gain an understanding of the protection the law provides for victims.
Upon completion of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the definitions of honour based abuse and forced marriage as well as its prevalence in the UK
- Identify the signs that suggest someone is experiencing or at risk of experiencing honour based abuse and/or a forced marriage
- Explore the impacts of honour based abuse and forced marriage on victims and wider family members
- Gain insight of the legal protection provided by the law in the form of forced marriage protection orders and the Forced Marriage Unit.
- Have increased confidence in encouraging, facilitating and receiving disclosures
- Gain increased knowledge in how specialist support can be provided to victims including making referrals to local and national services
The course costs £45 and you will have the option to pay using a Debit or Credit card after registering. If you wish to pay by invoice, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our training events are usually heavily oversubscribed. If there are no places left for this training session, please email us at the above address and we will let you know when new dates