- This training event has passed.
Supporting male victims of domestic abuse – CPD accredited
March 16 | 10:00 am - 1:00 pm£30
This CPD accredited, half day course will explore the unique experiences of male victims of domestic abuse by increasing your understanding around the challenges, barriers and types of abuse male victims can often be faced with. Through an interactive training programme, you will increase your knowledge around the type of support male victims will require and how to access it.
Upon completion of the course you will be able to:
- Explore the legal framework around domestic abuse and coercive control with regards to male victims
- Understand the experience of male victims of domestic abuse, and how this experience may differ to that of female victims
- Explore the additional barriers to accessing support faced by male victims
- Understand how professionals can help male victims to recognise and name abuse and to access support
- Recognise best practice when working male victims and encouraging disclosures
- Explore the ways in which you can ascertain who the primary perpetrator and primary victims are in abusive relationships
- Develop skills in completing a risk assessment with a male victim
- Understand how the MARAC process can help male victims of domestic abuse
- Explore the services that exist to support male victims nationally, and how to signpost and refer to these.
The course costs £30 and you will have the option to pay using a Debit or Credit card after registering.
If you wish to pay by invoice, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org