- This training event has passed.
Safeguarding children and domestic abuse – North Yorkshire and City of York professionals
11th December 2023 | 10:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Join IDAS for a full day, virtual training session to raise your awareness and understanding of safeguarding children in a domestic abuse context. This course has been jointly commissioned by North Yorkshire County Council and City of York Council and should only be attended by professionals working within the North Yorkshire and City of York areas. Click here for a list of our national courses open to all professionals.
By the end of the course participants should:
- Have raised awareness of the realities and effects of domestic abuse on children and adults;
- Be able to identify resources in North Yorkshire to support victims of domestic abuse;
- Be aware of the prevalence of domestic abuse in North Yorkshire; and
- Be familiar with basic knowledge of the legal framework and policies relating to domestic abuse and safeguarding.
Timings include half hour lunch break.
We have limited places and it is therefore important that you only register for a course if you intend to attend. If you are unable to attend your course for any reason, you must unregister so someone else can take your place. IDAS will report repeat incidents of non-attendance to your direct report.
We operate a three strikes policy and non-attenders who miss three sessions will be blocked from registering for future IDAS training.