Coronavirus update – 10th January, 2021
Although all our face-to-face training is currently cancelled, we have a programme of live, online training sessions available to book now. Our online domestic abuse and sexual violence awareness courses are still available for trainees to access remotely. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates via this website.
- This training event has passed.
LIVE, ONLINE WORKSHOP Domestic Abuse – Children and Young People (North Yorkshire Professionals)
17th September 2020 | 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
- Recognise the effects and signs when children are/ have lived with DA
- Recognise the impact of abuse on the victims parenting
- Understand how you can support parent and child to move on from DA
- Recognise continued abuse through the child contact.
By the end of the workshop participants should:
- Spot the signs of abuse in children and young people
- Support the parent to gain confidence if they are struggling to parent after DA
- Understand the impact of DA continuing through child contact and support the victim to deal with this
- To understand how IDAS can support.
Who is this course suitable for?
This workshop is suitable for professionals and partners who may work with members of the public and people affected by domestic abuse.