Domestic abuse signs, indicators, DASH and MARAC – North Yorkshire and City of York professionals
October 6 | 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join IDAS for this full day virtual training session. We will explore the signs and indicators of domestic abuse and referral pathways in the morning, and the DASH (Domestic Abuse, Stalking, Harassment and Honour Based Violence) Risk Assessment, and the MARAC (Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference) process in the afternoon.
This course has been jointly commissioned by North Yorkshire County Council and City of York Council and should only be attended by professionals working within the North Yorkshire and City of York areas. Click here for a list of our national courses open to all professionals.
Signs, indicators and referral pathways (AM):
- Be familiar with the signs of domestic abuse
- Understand the legislation around domestic abuse and coercive control
- Have a raised awareness of the realities and effects of domestic abuse on children and adult victims
- Be able to identify resources in North Yorkshire to support victims of domestic abuse
- Be familiar with basic knowledge of the legal framework and policies relating to domestic abuse and safeguarding.
DASH Risk Assessment & MARAC (CPD Accredited, PM):
- Understand risk management for victims of domestic abuse
- Understand the Domestic Abuse, Stalking, Harassment and Honour Based Violence Risk Assessment (DASH) and how it is used
- Understand the purpose of the weekly Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC) that takes place in North Yorkshire.
Timings include breaks and 45 minutes for lunch.
We have limited places and it is therefore important that you only register for a course if you intend to attend. If you are unable to attend your course for any reason, you must unregister so someone else can take your place. IDAS will report repeat incidents of non-attendance to your direct report.
We operate a three strikes policy and non-attenders who miss three sessions will be blocked from registering for future IDAS training.