- This training event has passed.
Forced Marriage and ‘Honour’ based Violence and FGM (Sheffield workers)
September 23 | 9:30 am - 4:00 pmFree
After this course the learner will
- Understand the definition and prevalence of FGM;
- Understand how and why Forced Marriage occurs across different cultures;
- Be able to identify indicators of Forced Marriage/Honour Based Violence;
- Understand how to respond to a victim (or potential victim) of Forced Marriage in order to protect the safety of the victim; and
- Have a raised awareness of the safeguarding issues associated with Forced Marriage/ Honour Based Violence.
- Have increased awareness regarding the reasons and beliefs that support FGM;
- Be familiar with legislation and child protection procedures; and
- Know what action to take when FGM is identified.