Coronavirus update – 28th May, 2020
Although all our face-to-face training is currently cancelled, we now have a programme of live, online training sessions available to book now. Our online domestic abuse and sexual violence awareness courses are still available for trainees to access remotely. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates via this website.
- This training event has passed.
Forced Marriage and ‘Honour’ based Violence and FGM (Sheffield workers)
May 15 | 9:30 am - 4:00 pmFree
After this course the learner will
- Understand the definition and prevalence of FGM;
- Understand how and why Forced Marriage occurs across different cultures;
- Be able to identify indicators of Forced Marriage/Honour Based Violence;
- Understand how to respond to a victim (or potential victim) of Forced Marriage in order to protect the safety of the victim; and
- Have a raised awareness of the safeguarding issues associated with Forced Marriage/ Honour Based Violence.
- Have increased awareness regarding the reasons and beliefs that support FGM;
- Be familiar with legislation and child protection procedures; and
- Know what action to take when FGM is identified.