Please be advised that following the government’s guidelines of avoiding large gatherings to prevent the spread of coronavirus, all IDAS face to face training has been cancelled for March and April 2020. Our Online training is still available for trainees to access remotely. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates via this website.
- This training event has passed.
Domestic abuse signs, indicators and referral pathways and MARAC combined course (Sheffield workers)
March 9 | 9:30 am - 4:00 pmFree
Learn about the signs and indicators of domestic abuse and about the referrals and pathways into MARAC.
By the end of the course participants should:
- Be familiar with signs of domestic abuse, risk assessing and MARAC processes as a whole and each agency’s role within that system;
- Have raised awareness of the realities and effects of domestic abuse on children and adults;
- Be able to identify resources in Sheffield to support victims of domestic abuse;
- Be aware of the prevalence of domestic abuse in Sheffield; and
- Be familiar with basic knowledge of the legal framework and policies relating to domestic abuse and safeguarding.
- Develop skills in using the Domestic Abuse, Stalking, Harassment and Honour Based Violence risk assessment tool to identify risk in cases;
- Be able to identify indicators of risk to victims of domestic abuse and their children;
- Have a better understanding of how cases are referred to the Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC) to promote effective multi-agency planning, to increase safety of children and their carers; and
- Be familiar with the MARAC process.
This course is suitable for all staff and carers working with children and young people and who are involved in multi-agency partnerships.