A course looking at young people’s experiences with, and the impacts of, domestic abuse.
By the end of the course participants should:
- Have increased knowledge of the definition of domestic abuse in relation to age
- Have increased knowledge of the risk to young people
- Be able to challenge some myths regarding young people and domestic abuse
- To look at the impacts on young people experiencing domestic abuse and how to assess the risk to them using the DASH risk assessment tool
- To look at what support networks are available to young people.
This course is suitable for all staff and carers based in Sheffield working with children and young people and who are involved in multi-agency partnerships.