In this session volunteers will explore the way in which technology enhances and amplifies abuse. We will look at what technology we are dealing with in everyday life and the impact of their use when an abuser has control. We will look at some simple ways in which we can safeguard our clients in their use of technology.
Please only sign up for this session if you are an IDAS volunteer.
IDAS Volunteer pre-training protocol
We want you to get the best out of training and feel supported and secure. Please follow the following protocol once you have been invited to our online training sessions:
• Please be punctual, we will invite you into the group at the time allocated on the invite.
• Allow time for yourself to access the training in its entirety.
• Ensure you are in a private space with minimal chance of interruption.
• If you are inadvertently disturbed, please mute yourself and turn your camera off.
• Please note you can use the chatbox to query the whole group or to send a direct message to the facilitator.
• Do not share a training log in details with anyone else.
• If you experience any difficulties accessing ZOOM please contact the host or the member of staff responsible for your invitation.