Learn about the signs and indicators of domestic abuse and about the referrals and pathways into MARAC.
By the end of the course participants should:
- Be familiar with signs of domestic abuse, risk assessing and MARAC processes as a whole and each agency’s role within that system;
- Have raised awareness of the realities and effects of domestic abuse on children and adults;
- Be able to identify resources in Sheffield to support victims of domestic abuse;
- Be aware of the prevalence of domestic abuse in Sheffield; and
- Be familiar with basic knowledge of the legal framework and policies relating to domestic abuse and safeguarding.
- Develop skills in using the Domestic Abuse, Stalking, Harassment and Honour Based Violence risk assessment tool to identify risk in cases;
- Be able to identify indicators of risk to victims of domestic abuse and their children;
- Have a better understanding of how cases are referred to the Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC) to promote effective multi-agency planning, to increase safety of children and their carers; and
- Be familiar with the MARAC process.
This course is suitable for all staff and carers working with children and young people and who are involved in multi-agency partnerships.