Learn about; what is domestic abuse (DA), the signs, indicators and effects, how to refer to specialist services, how can the specialist services help.
By the end of the course participants should:
- Be familiar with signs of domestic abuse, pathways and processes as a whole and each agency’s role within that system;
- Have raised awareness of the realities and effects of domestic abuse on children and adults;
- Be able to identify resources in Sheffield to support victims of domestic abuse;
- Be aware of the prevalence of domestic abuse in Sheffield; and
- Be familiar with basic knowledge of the legal framework and policies relating to domestic abuse and safeguarding.
This course is suitable for all staff and carers based in Sheffield working with children and young people and who are involved in multi-agency partnerships.
It is advisable to complete “Domestic Abuse signs, indicators and referral Pathways” BEFORE you complete “Domestic abuse, risk assessment and MARAC” as the second course builds upon the first course.