This half day course will support you to understand family court processes and specifically how we can effectively support victims of domestic abuse to navigate these. Drawing on the IDAS Family Court report, published in 2020, the Harm Panel Report, and Domestic Abuse Act Statutory Guidance, we will look at how these impact on proceedings and where improvements have been made. There will also be an opportunity to explore how we can engage with Family Court stakeholders to drive further change to the experience and safeguarding of victims and survivors
Upon completion of the course, you will:
- Understand the process of child arrangement proceedings and the key stakeholders involved
- Understand the process of obtaining a non-molestation order and be able to empower clients with knowledge that can help to improve protections
- Understand the changes brought about in the Domestic Abuse Act 2021, including barring of cross examination and introduction of special measures
- Consider how trauma can impact survivors and their experience of proceedings
- Gain increased knowledge in how specialist support can be provided to victims
The course costs £35 and you will have the option to pay using a Debit or Credit card after registering. All invoice requests must be received within 7 days of registration, otherwise your place will be cancelled.
Our training events are usually heavily oversubscribed. If there are no places left for this training session, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know when new dates become available.