Please note, the date of this training session has changed to Tuesday 31st May 2022.
Join IDAS at Scotia Works in Sheffield for this full day, face to face training session. We will explore the signs and indicators of domestic abuse and referral pathways in the morning, and the DASH (Domestic Abuse, Stalking, Harassment and Honour Based Violence) Risk Assessment, and the MARAC (Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference) process in the afternoon.
Signs, indicators and referral pathways (AM):
- Be familiar with the signs of domestic abuse
- Understand the legislation around domestic abuse and coercive control
- Have a raised awareness of the realities and effects of domestic abuse on children and adult victims
- Be able to identify resources in Sheffield to support victims of domestic abuse
- Be familiar with basic knowledge of the legal framework and policies relating to domestic abuse and safeguarding.
DASH Risk Assessment & MARAC (CPD Accredited, PM):
- Understand risk management for victims of domestic abuse
- Understand the Domestic Abuse, Stalking, Harassment and Honour Based Violence Risk Assessment (DASH) and how it is used
- Understand the purpose of the weekly Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC) that takes place in Sheffield.
Timings include a 45 minute lunch break. Spaces are limited – Please ensure that you only register if you are able to attend Scotia Works on the date and time specified.